President & Founder
Michelle founded Victus Ars in 2014, after purposefully building 25 years of technical experience throughout the confectionery and related industries.
Led by a
Candy Hall of Famer
Every scientist at Victus Ars has studied under President & Founder Michelle Frame, a 2021 inductee into the Candy Hall of Fame. Their unique experiences are buoyed up by the foundational methodologies Michelle teaches, providing a lineage of understanding that combines both technical and application skills.
With visionary thinking, a creative mindset, and a lab full of toys, our scientists are well-equipped to partner with you on your new product journey. And we love having our clients play in the kitchen with us!
A Career is Launched
While interning at M&M/Mars, 3 scientists were stumped by a product issue. The R&D Director came over noting the tension and said, "Candy is a fun product! if you are not having fun making it, you cannot possibly be successful!" Then sent them home to enjoy the sunny afternoon. Joking together the next morning about cream in blue vs orange cartons, the problem was solved by 8:30 am. Michelle knew she would always work in the industry in which fun was required for success. She had found her vocation.
Highlights and Accomplishments
- Candy Hall of Fame Inductee 2021
- 30+ years in the sweet snacking, supplement, and OTC chewable categories
- CPG & ingredient experience with progressive technical roles
- Mars, JustBorn, Colony Brands
- Mantrose, Fona, CSM, Kerry Ingredients
- Hires the most badass, dedicated people with the passion to innovate
- American Association of Candy Technologists - Council & Past President
- Professional Manufacturing Confectioners Association - Lead Instructor Panning
- National Confectioners Association
- Western Candy Conference
- Chicagoland Food and Beverage Network
- Institute of Food Technologists
- Executives Club of Chicago
Where it All Began
This is 3 year old me, independent and clearly already a style icon. When you know how to accessorize with white, designing great things is in your future. This is still my power pose. Also, I think my shirt was on backwards.